Tuesday, November 27, 2012

It was a sunny day...


It was a sunny day on Saturday when we set off to Hunter Hill Alpaca Farm.  A day trip with our grands is always fun and even better when the sun is shining!





Alpacas are such sweet animals...


They are inquisitive...


Friendly...


This alpaca was a sweetie!

Lunch at a Mexican restaurantwas needed...and then...

then it was time to visit the Timexpo Museum in Waterbury, CT.  To be honest, I was so busy looking around I hardly took any photos. But this huge Mickey Mouse watch was wonderful!  It was hand painted and very impressive.


Mickey Mouse had many incarnations on various  wristwatches watches. I have four vintage watches I wear myself...two Minnie and two Mickey.


There many characters I loved...especailly the Alice in Wonderland watch...a favorite of mine as a child.


It was a fun day with happy memories.  I would love to have an alpaca as a pet, but we live in town on a small plot of land so I think it is out of the question!  But, they never fail to make me smile!

How was your holiday weekend?  We had a very relaxed weekend. We are not into shopping very much but we happened to be passing one of our favorite stores and I took a few photos...but will save that for the next post!

***

It's sleeting and snowing here today. Winter is really almost here!  Whatever your weather, sunny or not,

enjoy the day!


1 comment:

swig said...

how funny they are, the alpacas! and very cute! warm greetings from wet Paris!