Sunday, October 09, 2011

Someone told me, it's all happening at the zoo...


Have been humming that old Simon and Garfunkel tune all morning!

While the weather is still wonderful, we traveled to the Beardsley Zoo yesterday with our  grands. It was a most excellent adventure!


Although I have seen prairie dogs on television and in photos. I was unprepared for how cute...and friendly...they are in person!


They are very affectionate with each other and seem to enjoy  being talked to and are very inquisitive.  Although they are not unusual in other parts of the USA, they really are quite a sight here in New England.



On the back side of this outdoor display there is a tunnel with viewing tubes that place the viewer nose to nose with the curious little animals.



There were a few other animals I fell in love with, too...I will share more of them in another post.

In the mean time, I am heading outdoors to trim the bittersweet that grows on our picket fence.  It is covered with berries that will eventually be red and orange and the birds will love!

Happy weekend,

as always,

enjoy the day!


2 comments:

April said...

HAHAHHAHAHA!! That last photo with the Grands is Wonderful...took me a minute to figure out what was happening!!!! Adorable Prarie Dogs!!!!!!
Your Bittersweet..are those the berries that make the birds drunk??? We used to have some in California and the birds would get Crazy!!!

Lena said...

Those little creatures are charming, aren't they? They remind me a bit of the little chipmunks looking creatures that we used to see when hiking in our mountains. I can't remember right now what they are called, but they too always charmed me.

Oh bittersweet! I always love it, in photographs of autumn decorating. We don't have it here. I've heard it is very invasive, but it sure is pretty! I've bought a very small bouquet once or twice for vignettes at the grocery store, but it is rather costly. Isn't that funny? When it is so prolific, elsewhere!

Have a lovely day Helen!