Wednesday, August 03, 2011

A little art and a doll...


This morning is the first real day of a New England summer as we used to know it! It is 60 F. and very low humidity. The windows are open, the a/c is off and hopefully we will have a respite from high temps for a few days.

One would think that staying indoors so much would mean more art and creativity. Not so for me. I don't have a big studio like the artists in those "studio magazines" and motivating myself is not always easy.


S0mehow I did manage to get a few things done but mostly things I swap with my friend. We worked on faces this week and here is mine--a mixed media piece. I strongly AVOIDED using the style that is everywhere on the web and based on the work of a few well known artists who paint faces and did my own thing. I was happy with the result just because I actually accomplished something!


There are lots of embellishments on it such as crystals and pearls but they don't show up well in the scanner. It is rather sparkly. I reduced the size for this blog but it is actually 8x 11 inches.

Have been working on miniature Waldorf style dolls. These are not for kids but will be for collectors. Just in the experimental phase so far.


Leaving you with this illustration done for a friend across the pond as a surprise. I added some text to it for you readers. Maybe you could print it out for yourself. (However, my art is copyrighted and not to be used to sell.)

Wishing you creativity...

and good weather,


as always,


6 comments:

April said...

OH OH!!! Where do I begin???? The Face is ENCHANTING!!! Oh she is Lovely!!! JUST BEAUTIFUL!!! I, of course, ADORE your Mushroom man!!! OH I WANT THAT LITTLE GNOME!!! OH PLEASE!!! I AM A COLLECTOR!!!! OH I AM IN LOVE!!!!! OH HELEN!!!!!!

Beth said...

I love all aspects of your artwork. Makes me smile; makes me feel good. Your little Waldorf style doll is ever so dear. What a wonderful post, so full of joy!

Beth

Simply Shelley said...

Your work is amazing....love that sweet little gnome doll...What divine weather you are having...we will have to wait until fall for such temps....blessings

Christine LeFever said...

One has to be very careful to do one's own work. I hear you loudly on the ubiquitous look-alikes out there!

Your style always comes through, and it is wonderful as are you!

Zaa said...

It's delightful to discover your own style... She's beautiful ... and such a contrast to your little cup nymph... Your artistic beauty and creative mischief are mingling ... Tah Dah ... into something fabulous!!!!...HUGS

Lena said...

Well, goodness, it looks like you've been very inspired and creative to me. I love the little doll, especially.