Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Chicken Little...

Tiny chickens


Greetings from the frozen tundra! Well, not really from a tundra... but it is VERY cold here today and I am quite happy that I am indoors for the moment.

Did you receive any unusual gifts for the holidays? I did receive some unique items that I hope to share here eventually.

These tiny vintage chickens as a gift from a "secret pal." The mother hen is two inches tall and the chicks much smaller. I love very tiny things so I was delighted to receive them. Thanks, Secret Pal, whoever you are!

Like everybody else, I am busy trying to straighten out the house after the holidays. Time to sort, purge, donate and recycle. So staying indoors is a good thing today.

Happy Tuesday...

enjoy the day!




3 comments:

christina said...

isn't that chicky just darling!
x

Unknown said...

Those are really precious!!!!!!!!!
Stay warm!
Hugs,
Jackie

Lena said...

Hi Helen,

We're having a mild winter compared to most, this winter, but the last couple of days have been very rainy. I spent today shredding papers and organizing. I'm trying to do a bit everyday, while thinking about things that I'd like to make this year. I think that dolls are going to be near the top of the list. It has been awhile, but I recently came up with a small one that I think I am going to like, and I'm thinking about taking an online class in making an antique style doll given by Dixie Redmond. I'm on the fence, but need to decide soon.

I like your chickens. I received some pretty handmade papers that I will enjoy using.