Monday, December 14, 2009

Good morning, Monday...


It's Monday again. Yesterday I bolted out of bed at 5:00 a.m. and awakened my husband... shouting that we had overslept. Sigh. It was Sunday...and not a work day.

How was YOUR weekend? Ours was pretty varied because we attended a soccer game Friday night and a basketball game on Saturday morning. Throw in shopping, visiting, wrapping some packages for mailing, a little decorating, dining in, dining out and poof! The weekend was quickly over. Heavy rain prevented the outdoor picture taking I had planned.

Last year I made an Edith Ackley pattern Santa and and angel. They have decided to become annual holiday fixtures and have taken a prominent place for the holidays as greeters. They are the first thing one sees when coming through the front door. The little gnome behind them is vintage. He is wired for posing and the happiest little guy. They are greeting you this morning.


Happy Monday...


...enjoy the day!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Helen, they are precious! I'm sure they are making everyone who passes by feel very welcome!

It is amazing that you had rain again. We have received so much snow that shoveling has taken precedence over painting the final three rooms inside. I'd love to be a tourist and sneak up the road to the Trapp lodge and go for a sleigh ride!

AngelMc said...

love them, love them, love them. you are so talented...

April said...

I love the softness of the dolls...they look like snow and Christmas! And I love the Dwarf sitting above them on his chair. He looks like he is enjoying himself...ready to light his pipe and listen to the angel and Santa sing!
I would love to sit there too- in your fantasy land- and have some hot tea and take in all the magic.

Flutterby Patch said...

Aren't those just the cutest 'greeters', you are so imaginive in the States with your Xmas displays, never short of ideas. And oh how I envy your New England snow. I live close to Britain's west coast and sadly we get very little white stuff and some years none at all so I watch snowy films on TV to compensate. Have a great Christmas Helen, Eli