Wednesday, July 08, 2009


It's raining again....

It seems to be raining every day, although the sun makes rare cameo appearances upon occasion. Lately we have been having violent thunderstorms during the night. Last night was quite scary for an hour with heavy lightning and very loud thunder.

A few weeks ago, I made this sunflower collage to swap with a friend. Once again, we used the 4 inch canvases. The themes was summer. I used copies of my original sunflower art for my collage. Of course, I added some stamping, painting and other embellishments to add interest. It was hard to get a good photo at the time since it was raining and not at all sunny. It was also took a long time to dry.


Despite the rain, real sunflowers are blooming everywhere, and it is absolutely beautiful in New England. I remember other years when it was really dry and dusty in July. This particular summer reminds me of summers long ago...when curling up with a good book in the rain was a welcome respite from the heat. It still is.

Enjoy the day...

Enjoy the weather!

1 comment:

AngelMc said...

you are soooo creative and talented. i always enjoy seeing all the creative stuff you make.