Monday, February 23, 2009

New England Felting Supply

Front window entrance

Gallery

Supplies for wet felting and needle felting

Vanessa modeling a scarf

A sea of color

Bolts of felt

Beautiful colors

Display area

Cobweb felt



Worth the trip from anywhere...

New England Felting Supply, Easthampton, MA...

A picture tells a thousand words. I hope these photos convey how really wonderful a visit to this store can be. If you love felting, this is a must-see place. If you cannot visit in person, drop by the website.

Owned by Christine White, the author of Uniquely Felt, the shop is in a converted movie theater. The ceiling is really high and the store has so much artistic appeal, it is hard to take it in all at once. (I think I will need to visit again.) Vanessa, whom you see modeling a scarf, was really patient and helpful. She showed me around and graciously explained all the different types of wool available. The majority of beautiful felted items you see were made by Christine White herself. Her work is exquisite.

There are classes available and many places to stay nearby. Very coincidentally, I had taken a photo quite near the store last summer and never knew the shop was there. There are shops on the left side of the photo to the left of the trees.

Did I buy anything? Of course! Hopefully, I will be able to needle felt something this week with my new batting and needles.

Hope you enjoyed this visit and enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Lena said...

Wow! This looks like a wonderfully inspiring place. It'd be hard not to buy something.

Hmmmm, I wonder if you can "felt" cotton batting?