Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Because it has been so terribly warm, I put away most of my winter clothes and pulled out my summer wear. Wrong move! It was 30 degrees here this morning. I see my neighbor's hanging baskets of spring flowers didn't make it through the night. We have another day or two of this weather. I shouldn't be surprised though. Once I planted a huge flower and vegetable garden on May 8. It was over 80 the day I planted. The next morning we had four inches of snow on the ground. That is New England for you.

This is the view of the lilacs outside the window. They seem to be okay but time will tell. The sun is coming out so maybe they will spread their fragrance--my favorite fragrance--throughout the air.

Enjoy your day.



1 comment:

Eileen said...

Your lilacs look so pretty in front of you house! Glad they didn't freeze last night.