Wednesday, March 26, 2014

And I didn't know!


Remember those candies  you see mostly at Christmas in little dispensers?  You know the ones. They have been around forever...or at least from 1952, when they were first manufactured in Austria. I had no idea that Pez has its American headquarters a block away form a road we travel frequently. 

Apparently the company has been in Orange, CT, since the early 1970's.  I recently asked my husband if he knew where it is and he laughed because he has been by it so many times. Too bad that the visitor's center wasn't open. (Maybe next time!) I have a fondness for the toy aspect of the containers and wish that I had saved mine.   The next time you see them in a store...this is where they are made. (The containers are made elsewhere.)






As you can see we are lacking blue skies.
We have cold windy weather but no snow. 
Thankfully, the storm that was predicted didn't visit!




"It was one of those March days 
when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: 
when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade." 

~~Charles Dickens



Hope that wherever you are, 
you are having pleasant weather, 
even if you need a scarf and hat!


As always,

enjoy the day!


1 comment:

Simply Shelley said...

I used to kinda collect pez....not so anymore :-) I love your drawing of the cute little duck. I need to do some doodling. Blessings dear friend