Thursday, August 08, 2013

Here comes the sun!


The day started out rather drizzly after many days of lovely weather. Finally!  We had a few days where it wasn't 90 or more degrees and /or super humid.  We really can use some drizzle so no complaints from me. The sun is there behind the clouds nudging its way back out...



It had been so much cooler that I decided to help pulling weeds in the yard.  My reward was poison sumac allergy all over one arm. Dressed properly and paying attention...it still found me!

Summer is moving right along.  Meanwhile, I keep on drawing and making stuff. There is a stack of books here that I want to read soon. You know how it goes...

We had dinner in New Haven last week next to the harbor...it was a pleasure to see a blue sky. 



Have been thinking about blue a lot since then...and purple, too.  This is a collage I made to use in a swap. Once you make a collage you like, you can print it off and cut it up and reassemble...and your own original art can be used like paper you might might in a shop. I was inspired by this artist, who does lovely work: Roben-Marie Smith. Her work is so spontaneous and her palette and ideas are really very creative and appealing!  



Needless to say, I think of my blog readers sometimes, too.  One recently lost a beloved pet. It's funny how we make these connections that cause us to genuinely feel for people we have never met...

I realize that blog reading has steadily declined due to the advent of Facebook and other social media though I have been blogging at least ten years. I had another blog before this one...a blog that was discontinued in the past.   

It makes one wonder what the next Internet fad will be.  They come and go...remember Geocities and  other sites once considered very popular? Since 1997 when I logged on,  the internet has continually reinvented itself  and will continue to do so.  It's still very much in its infancy.

'Til the next time...




3 comments:

Simply Shelley said...

Where will it go from here? There is no telling, I would guess :) There is so much I never even attempt to do with this thing(internet),but I am happy I discovered blogging, because it led me to you and other wonderful blogging friends that I otherwise may have never even knew existed :) You encourage me to doodle some more...I love your little drawings...they always make me smile. Thanks so much friend for your thoughtfulness toward me.....blessings

l.wilks11 said...

Such true words...Glad i found your blog.....xx

paris parfait said...

Oh, no - poison ivy! So unpleasant. Hope you feel much better soon. The illustration is adorable!