Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A little glue and paper...

Just popping in for a moment to give you an idea...something fun to make.

I have been seeing decorated/altered bottles around for a while. It was just a matter of time before I tried one. (To be honest, I made similar bottles in the 70's but they were empty wine bottles and with far less embellishment and imagination!)


No empty bottles around here...so I was forced to purchase some.  The rest of the components were already here in my art supplies.  Using handmade papers, German prints and white glue, I set to work. Sari silk ribbons, wire and beads were added. The cork is embellished with beads and pins and a vintage spun cotton German mushroom.


This could be a fun project to do with children or do yourself for a gift.  You could add words, photos, gauze, more wire and all sorts of frou-frou. It could be decorated for a holiday or used as a vase. Let your imagination soar!

This past weekend we had the most amazingly wonderful weather.  Can't wait to share some of my photos with you from our trip north of here.  There are not many perfect weather days in New England so cherish them we must!

Until then, as always,


enjoy the day! 

No comments: