Sunday, March 04, 2012

And now it is March!

After many, many years of blogging three times a week, I have been remiss in posting lately.  It's not that we haven't been anywhere or that I haven't done anything, but my blogging muse was on vacation as I involved myself in many other projects.

Six months ago I started going to a gym 5 days a week with a friend. It was great decision!  I love it and have gained so much strength and toning.  I have lost a few pounds but I have lost a lot more in inches.  Going to the gym takes up time!

Not to worry!  We are still wandering around enjoying our weekends and new items have come home with me.  I need to do a photo shoot!

Yesterday we went off to Rhode Island and Massachusetts to some antique stores. We had all the weather you ask for in one day!


We started out with slush and fog.  Occasionally it would drizzle.  In some places, it had snowed the night before.

We stopped off for breakfast at Knight's Farm Restaurant in Rhode Island. They have the best home fries anywhere!




In the entrance foyer there are some wonderful vehicles!


This farm truck is so wonderful...


What could be more romantic than an old Cadillac convertible?!  It made me think of  film noir and romances of the 1940s cinema.

By the time we came home it was a sunny 55 degrees with clear blue skies!

Did anything come home with me?  Yes.  I was going to get one of these well worn monkeys.  There were two sitting together and  in the back room of an antique store.  I picked them both up and they really called out to me.  My husband had pointed them out to me.  I walked away but couldn't stop thinking about them so I went back and looked again.  They are not quite alike and I liked them equally.   (They are probably Schuco but they could be Bing or maybe early Steiff. They have squeakers and they could even be orangutans!)  I picked out one and went to the checkout  line which was very long.

My husband came up to the checkout and said we was going to pay for the monkey! And he pulled the other monkey out from behind his back.  He said they shouldn't be separated.  When he went back and saw one sitting alone, he knew it had to come with us.

Needless to say, I love these monkeys very much! My husband is a dear man!


So... that's some "catching up."  I hope the end of winter is treating you well.  Though, I know in some parts of the country, the weather has been violent and my heart goes out to all of those who haves losses.

Until next time,


enjoy the day!



2 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

They are darling... Check on the edge of their ears to see if there is a little brass button...if so you are a in for a big treasure...they could be Stief $$$$

Missed you!

:) Carolyn

April said...

OH Man!! What a Handsome Cadillac Convertible!!!! I think you ALL should have driven that home- Monkeys Riding in style!!!
I LOVE your New BOYS and John is the Sweetest fellow of ALL! What a wonderful Surprise- he knows you well and LOVES you so much!!!! Now those boys need Names!!!