Monday, September 13, 2010

A touch of fall...


Even though it is still summer until the autumnal equinox, we can see touches of autumns here and there.




It is really quite welcome after the relentless heat and humidity of this past summer.



We still need rain. River beds and ponds are drying up all over New England. When we came upon this peaceful pond, we knew we needed a photo. But notice, there is very little water flowing over the spill way.



It was a very cool weekend with temperatures barely reaching 70F. There might be some rain today....we'll see.


Happy Monday...

as always,

enjoy the day!

3 comments:

April said...

Oh how lovely! I would like to be right there today. The dogs and I would have so much fun in the water. Your photos are always beautiful and set me to longing.

AngelMc said...

Looking at the picture, I feel the cool breeze with that feeling of autumn in the air.
Oh and I have missed Edie. Tell her I hope to see more of her...

Lena said...

This looks like a lovely spot to spend a bit of time as autumn approaches.

We've had a lot of rain in the last few days. Maybe some of it will head your way soon. I've been happier for it. I think the trees are happier too.

Lena