Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Vegetablez...



It's exceedingly humid and warm here...and I often complain. But one of the positive aspects is fresh vegetables...and fruits and berries, too.

We love vegetables here so I am always trying to incorporate them into our menu as often as possible.




It is time for salads and local produce. I grow herbs out on my deck and also have grape tomatoes growing in Earth Boxes.

Personally, blueberry season is my favorite time. I would be ashamed to tell you how many fresh blueberries I have consumed lately. They have been mostly from New Jersey farms and have been great! Ditto for fresh asparagus.


A few years ago, I was inclined to make a whole set of artist trading cards out of fruits and vegetable images that I swapped with my friend.


Don't forget to eat your fruits and vegetables!

And as always,

...enjoy the day!


P.S. My artist friend and I have been making art as usual...and we have a little book on eBay....here. If you like Boston and Yorkshire terriers, take a look!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, too cute, the book. And, the vegetables!!! Oh, my goodness. I can think of lots of things to do with those. A book for sure. For kids to learn their veggies. Priceless, Helen. I mean WOW! Just beautiful artwork there.

Unknown said...

great idea for ATCs! Congratulations on being featured by Nancy at La Chambre Rose for the New England Bloggers carnival this week!

April said...

OHMYGOSH!!! You have veggies I don't know! Again- what a lovely poster for a kitchen!!!! Can't you see this as a terrific "Wedding Shower" gift for that new bride??!!!! WONDERFUL! And LOVE Hank and the Boston and their traveling!! How darling!!! How can you NOT keep it??!!!! Looks Sensational!!!!

Lena said...

These are so cool, Helen. I love vegetable images, and the real thing too.

I've been thinking about tomato pie today.

Christine LeFever said...

What darling little veggie paintings! Thank you for sharing them. Hey, you have to be a very healthy girl with all those anti-oxidants from the delicious blueberries!

Hugs,

Zwee!!!!!!