Monday, May 10, 2010

A cold and windy Monday...

Last night it dropped into the 30's. The weekend was windy with gusts of 50 m.p.h. We traveled out of state and saw trees down everywhere from the heavy winds and plenty of work crews sawing up trees.

On Saturday we were drenched at a soccer game that went on in a driving rain. We were hoping that the game would be called but it wasn't. Seemed harsh for nine year old kids, but we all survived. It took a whole day to warm up.

Here is a REALLY cute Mother's Day gift from my daughter. I love this! It is commercially made but obviously made by hand. Just my cup of tea...so happy and cute!



A reminder: pop on over to Martha and Jane to see their shopping expedition. Here is just a taste of what went on!


If we are lucky, it will reach 60 degrees today. This is normal spring weather but we have had so many "August dog days" and temps in the high 80's. The weather is really confusing! Salad one day, soup or or stew the next day!


Happy Monday! As always,


enjoy the day!


5 comments:

April said...

What a Wonderful, Happy gift! it looks just like you! So much fun!

AngelMc said...

Yes that is indeed a cute and happy gift.
The weather has been strange here too, especially for the deep south. It is quite cool outside tonite and has been breezy and cool all day. I just hope it keeps it up and we have a mild summer. Which is about as likely as snow in July.....sigh...the older I get the less I'm able to tolerate the hot weather down here.
Hope you had a great Mother's Day.

Lena said...

Oh, I remember those rainy and cold games! Brrrr! My son was often playing soccer in January, and we often had to contend with icy mornings, but rainy and cold days were the worst, especially if the wind was blowing. The only time games were called is if there was lightening.

We had a lovely and warm weekend, but it rained yesterday and was cool. Today is beautiful again. Such is spring in our part of the world usually, although this year it does seem to be taking longer to warm up. I too, am hoping for a mild summer, as I'm not a big fan of too hot.

I'm glad you had such a happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Hi I am freezing too are you in Rockport I think Chronicle did a segment on North Shore.
I have to move into city now that I am older...I have heard Salem is real artsy now.Come on down!

peggy gatto said...

More smiles from me!!!!!
thanks!