Thursday, February 11, 2010

Am I lucky or what?!

Wow...I have had some really nice February surprises!


The postman brought me a rather large package today. I was expecting one Hitty doll sized dress and was REALLY excited and happy when I opened the box and found these treasures! This beautiful doll is really warming up this frigid day...one cannot help but think of tropical weather, warm summer breezes, and fun on the beach. What a beautiful face!

She is a Pittsburgh Originals doll. Her vinyl was poured by Lloyd Middleton in Ohio and her clothing was all made in Pittsburgh. This company closed in 1998. It was the former Robin Woods Company. These dolls are of wonderful quality and all made in USA.

And look at those Hitty dresses and accessories! Thank you so much, Betty! I cannot wait to try these on my Hitty dolls.


Another friend-- who is just starting to get into collage and paper arts-- decided to swap Valentine cards with me. I think she outdid herself! A few days I ago, I received a package rather than just a card as I had expected. She knows I am a huge fan of black and white and also have an enormous collection of penguins. (Yes, penguins!) Thank you, Marty!

As it turned out, we didn't get much of a blizzard. I would be surprised if there are more that 4 inches of snow on the ground. It is a brilliantly sunny day and bitter cold. It's always sunny after a snow storm and the cold air settles in.

Well, I don't feel any winter blahs at all! How could I with such kind and generous friends?
Lucky, lucky me! I am going to make a cup of tea and look at my goodies again! You see, it is never too late to be a child again and love surprises!

May you, too, always be the recipient of surprises...


...enjoy the day!

1 comment:

Lena said...

Well, I tend to think you are rather deserving of nice things, instead. Reaping what you sow, Helen. You are always so kind.