Sunday, March 22, 2009






Weekend whimsy...

We found our weekend whimsy here. At present there are 4000 living, free flying butterflies in the conservatory. I truly don't have words to describe what it is like to walk amongst them. There were reptiles, button quail and a darling parrot, too.

Our grandchildren were enchanted and we were, too. We have been passing the Magic Wings conservatory for years and are just sorry we didn't visit sooner.

Still looking for (and finding) the whimsy. Let me know where you find yours.

Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

Love the butterflies, what a great place to visit. You have a great blog and so great to see others love their dolls.

AngelMc said...

Wow. I always enjoy hearing about your weekends.

Anonymous said...

Such lovely butterflies! Must have been a fun visit for all of you!

Lena said...

Our zoo has a butterfly house, and I am enchanted by it, and often look for fairies, attatched to a few of those wings, that I see.

My mind often thinks whimsical thoughts. It just seems to work that way, but many of the stories that I retreat to, take place in the past, and within nature. In the time of long dresses, Blue Willow, and picnics. Things like that. So, I suppose I find whimsy in my old things, and in having time to enjoy them, and the company of the people around me. And, in my crafting, (or at least the crafting that I used to do). I seldom make anything that is practical, but rather things, that evoke a feeling, or a smile.