Wednesday, November 05, 2008


Sketchbook Wednesday with Mrs. Staggs...

Bet you think I forgot about Sketchbook Wednesday... but I didn't!

Mrs. Staggs prompted with " The wind blows. The rain falls." It has been such a lovely fall here that I decided to go with lighter theme than I might have if we had gloomy or stormy weather lately.

What I used: sketches of a character I have been drawing a few years and also a print of a page I used for an earlier page. I used glitter and foil paper, too. I anchored the page to the journal with little cardboard buttons covered with glitter. (Yes, I made a mess with the glitter and had to drag out the vacuum.)

What I did: I cut windows to show the little characters and attached the drawings underneath.

I have to admit I had a hard time coming up with this one, but I like the way it turned out. Can't wait to see what others did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Helen, this one is very cute! I love it! Your little character is a cutie patootie, and I love the way that the materials you used make everything appear shiny and wet. I really like the idea of the windows matching the background. What a wonderful surprise to open them!

Thank you so much for all your sweet gestures of friendship. You've been such a great inspiration for me, and I appreciate it very much.

All my best,

Lena