Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Sketchbook Wednesday....tomorrow

Tomorrow is Sketchbook/journal Wednesday with Mrs. Staggs.

She left us to our own devices this week, so I started my page during my adventure (NOT!) on Saturday. We "went digital" here: TV, net, phone (which is now referred to as "voice"). The installation took 5 hours. Hank ( 3 pounds, 7 ounces) does not like strangers in the house and certainly not one moving furniture and carrying in boxes of equipment.

So, we were sequestered in one area of the house for the better part of five hours. I started doodling and the page above is the result. I added some extra embellishments the next day. It is a POOR layout but was a fun page for me.

We are still trying to get everything digital fully operational and we have a huge stack of electrical stuff here that we pulled off old equipment. Our old phones sounded awful so we bought digital phones. Now I must learn how to use them and also a quirky remote control. It took me years to figure out the old remote controls! My head is filled with NEW STUFF and I have never mastered the old stuff.

Tech support and I are now having an affair and the affair is not over. Tomorrow I will spend a more time seeking answers to the unknowable.

So, tonight I post my page for Wednesday. When I happen to be around here tomorrow, I am sure I will be on hold on my fact finding mission Wish me luck!

Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Eileen said...

This is SO FUNNY. It reminds me of the kind of stuff I used to make in high school.. during class when I was supposed to be listening to the teacher.

paris parfait said...

I love your journal page chronicling the "not excellent" adventure! I am always saying "Why is this taking so long?" in similar situations. Such a lovely blog. Thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog. Am happy to have discovered yours and will be back to visit more often.

Lena said...

This might be my favorite of your pages so far Helen! I love the way you've combined all the doodling with the journaling and the photos. It's wonderful, and your story is so funny! I've been trying to get up the nerve to try a little doodling, and you've inspired me to give it a go!

I often joke around about how lucky we are at our house to have a son who seemed born with a little extra "something" that makes all this techno stuff easier for him. Younger folks these days seem to be "wired" already!

Little dogs can be so protective, can't they? I've always admired that "can do" sense of bravery that some of them have.

Thanks again for the inspiration!

brsmaryland said...

You are braver than I am! My mind is easily boggled by all this tech stuff. Hope it is all working properly.