Wednesday, February 14, 2018

How beautiful is this?


I just had to share this wonderful gift!

The weather gods were against us this year so my close friend and I shared Christmas just last week! In a way, it was better than close to Christmas because opening gifts this time of year is an awful lot of fun!

She made me this most magical mermaid box--from a vintage cigar box!

 



Her workmanship is so fine, it is hard to imagine any human could put together such a sturdy well crafted item!  Inside is a matching mermaid charm in a sea shell box.




It is a dark day here and out house has poor light in the winter, but I think you can get the idea.  Sunshine wold make it sparkle though---


The amazing thing is that  the decorated edge of the cigar box is is the same color as the contemporary paper she used.  It is really difficult to know where one paper ends and the other begins.

She has made other beautiful boxes for me in the past and I use them to keep my jewelry.  They upstairs where I cannot see them most pf the time.  This one is so pretty in the middle of winter I have to keep it close by for a while. It screams sunshine and good weather.


It is Valentine's Day.  It isn't snowing.  That is a good thing because sometimes it is.  Hope you are having a very good day and maybe some chocolate or flowers will come your way.  Ot maybe a bluebird of happiness?





With too much time spent on social media and not enough time spent on blogs... I am feeling nostalgic for more words and less reactions. Anybody agree out there?





As always,

enjoy the day!



No comments: