Sunday, October 28, 2012

Tricks and Treats...

Some of you know that there is a very large hurricane approaching the East Coast of the United States.  It is too soon to know how big and exactly when it will be here... but I suspect it will probably change the celebration of Halloween in our area.  So many homes are decorated, so many pumpkin displays and mazes will be ruined.  We were down on the shoreline for dinner last night and saw that many homes (mansions) are already boarded up.

So with that in mind, let's celebrate early!  Hopefully we will not lose electrical power or suffer damage from trees or rain.  (36 hours of rain predicted!) Last year at this time an unexpected foot of snow caused havoc and a disaster in the Northeast.  We seem to be having our own "October surprises." 




Would you like to make a paper doll?  Here is one I made a few years ago and underneath is is a pattern you can print on card-stock. I used brads to attach the arms and treat bag. I have embellished them with glitter, chalks, colored pencils, whatever...and used a pipe cleaner for a hanger.  If you don't have a paper punch you could make holes with an awl, an ice pick or sharp pointy scissors.





Here is a figure I did recently in watercolor
...not too scary but fun!


And oh, yes! Don't forget whatver you do,
 the message is always the same from me to you!


Happy Halloween...and as always, 

Enjoy the day!


3 comments:

Beth said...

Helen, stay safe! I hate to think of you, and so many others, in the path of Sandy and the Frankenstorm.

Your artwork always gives me a lift; thank you so much :-)

Take good care,

Beth

Simply Shelley said...

I am praying for your safety as you ride out the storm...such a cute little paper doll.....blessings friend

Lizzie said...

Cute little paintings and I love their happy smiles. Hope you have come through that storm alright.