Friday, March 11, 2011

Singin' in the rain...

Well, not really singing...just humming. We are in a pattern of rain here. The good news? The snow is just about gone! The bad news? Parts of the New England are flooding due to all the melting and recent rain.

As a result of really not wanting to go anywhere, I have been working on lots of projects. Here are a few but some I cannot show because they are gifts...and those recipients read this blog!




A spun cotton bunny...
and a needle felted bunny
with a basket of carrots.



Every time a new animal appears the other ones are excited. This little polar bear caused quite a bit of excitement yesterday. He was complicated to make but worth the trouble.

Looks like the weekend is around corner. It still looks like winter around here, but spring is on its way. We have so much more sunlight now and Daylight Savings Time starts this weekend so don't don't forget to change those clocks.

As always,

wishing you a happy weekend

and

enjoy the day!

5 comments:

Flutterby Patch said...

Always so many different little characters to see at your place with so many skills required to make them.....lovely. Have a great weekend.

April said...

I LOVE the BUNNIES!!!!!! They are both Wonderful!!!! They are a sure sign that Spring is here (Or close by at least!).
BUT OH OH OH!!!! THAT POLAR BEAR!!!!!!! OH I'VE GOT TO SEE HIM UP CLOSE!!!!! OH WOW!!!!!! OH HELEN!!!! HE IS A DREAM!!!!!

Kiki's Korner said...

Cute bunnies! You have flooding and we have wildfires. Such extreme weathers!

Lena said...

Charming! You have the gift of whimsy Helen. I love that about you.

I'm glad to hear that the snow is almost gone, but too bad about all that flooding. Hopefully, spring will bring sunshine and blue skies your way soon. I'll hold a good thought.

Vintage Fairy Tales Rebecka said...

I must say I´m VERY impressed!!!
Love your needlefelted animals and the spun cotton bunny makes my heart sing!
I must try to make some characters out of spunned cotton, do you have any good advices to give!?
Have a great weekend
XX
Becky