Friday, April 09, 2010

Say hello to Hitty...


Sometimes, we get cabin fever...



...time to move around a bit and decide what to do



..best to get outdoors and do some gardening!


Say hello to Hitty. I carved her several years ago (from maple) and she has received very little attention from me since. I never really named her...and she has not told me her name...yet.

When rearranging some dolls on a shelf in a doll cabinet, I saw her standing way back in the dark and brought her out to play with some other dolls. The Hittys and other dolls and animals here love to garden so we have many garden tools. That container of chives is about all she can handle though...at 6 1/4 inches tall.

It was 90 degrees here yesterday and broke records. It was surrealistic at best. There is a promise of cooler weather over the weekend. We hope to travel a bit but we shall see.


Enjoy the day...


and have a happy weekend!







5 comments:

April said...

Love your Pretty Hitty! Thank goodness she has come out to enjoy the Spring/Summer weather. Looks like she is enjoying herself tremendously!

Lena said...

Helen, she's wonderful. What a great job you did on shaping her arms. It wasn't until I started reading blogs, that I learned of Hitty dolls. There is something very personal about them, I think.

I hope your weekend is wonderful too.

Lena

AngelMc said...

I love her. Is she planting something next to the chives?

paris parfait said...

Love Hitty! That book is one of my all-time favourites and last year I bought a vintage copy. Your dolls are amazing - and what a wonderful spring setting!

Nancy said...

Wonderful! The wheelbarrow and watering can are too cute. And, of course, we are thankful for Sara Teasdale.

90 degrees! Wow! We had in the 80s, I think. Yesterday snow, which is actually more seasonally correct. Today rain which is fine. Lots to do inside.