Friday, October 23, 2009

Nearly here...


When I wasn't paying attention, Halloween seems to have crept up on me. Is is possible that most of October is gone? We have had a return to warm weather, a true Indian summer and it feels more like late August than October. But, in true New England style, the temperature will drop during the day and we will return to autumn by dinner time tonight.

What's on your plate today? We were up at 4:00 a.m., today because a fire truck parked in front of our house with the flashing lights and the motor running for an hour.

Although the accompanying ambulance was a block away, it was our luck to have the only open parking space for several blocks. I mentioned before that there is parking on one side of the street---ours. We happen to live 6 feet from the sidewalk, so the lights and the noise made for an exciting morning wake up call. I need more coffee.

Whatever you do today...


Enjoy the day...

and happy weekend!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

You have nearby neighbors. Oh, so lucky! And, I bet they love the lovely Halloween "doll" greeting them on the porch.

I'm with George Eliot...I would fly following autumn everywhere and light nowhere! But, I would make and stay nearby friends in all locations.

Unknown said...

I totally understand, Halloween has crept right up on me, too. All that rain last night knocked all the leaves off the trees, so I have an orange and yellow lawn!

Anonymous said...

ooo so pretty..
Happy Pink Saturday