Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Small variations on the usual themes....

Tinier EFA with Edie


Tinier EFA with Precious

After completing the little doll last week, I decided to make another.

I used a pattern that I assumed was the pattern I normally use. As I was turning it, I thought, "hmm....this seems a little difficult to turn compared to the last one I made."

I continued onward, stuffed the doll , and was just about to embroider the face when it dawned on me something was just not quite right.

Don't ask me why I didn't notice it sooner, but the doll is only 3 1/2 inches instead of 4 inches tall.

I will finish her but I am not sure she will have leather shoes. Half an inch might not seem like that much but in a doll this size, it is a considerable change. (Edie might get a little sister out of this.) But, I must tell you, I made one even smaller a few years ago and have not seen it since I made it. There are doll goblins around here, I am sure. Dolls disappear and reappear on regular basis in unexpected places.

And that sums up the way the week is going so far: small variations on the usual themes.

Enjoy the day..

and any variations of it!

3 comments:

April said...

Oh my goodness! I had to get out the ruler so I could see what a 3 1/2" doll would really look like. How in the world? You MUST be the Good Witch of the East to have created such a small little girl! You better keep an eye out so the Goblins don't get her....

Eileen said...

There are no goblins.. they go themselves you know. :-)

Trudy said...

Wow! What cute "little" dolls. You have a gift.

I've been enjoying your blog. I would love for you to come and visit my blog as well, www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com .

My 8 year old daughter has her own sewing blog. If you would like to see what she's up to, go to www.sewingsister.blogspot.com . She is currently learning how to hand sew. In a few weeks she will start learning how machine sew. She is very excited. Her six year old brother is also featured on her blog. He has been sewing right along with us. It's been a lot of fun sharing this with them.

Regards,

Trudy
www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com