Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Santa's helpers....

Too bad they really can't sew! I bought them at auction last year. Made with silk stockinette and velveteen, they are probably from the 40's or 50's and are a cheerful pair even though they are not much help at all! They do like to pose and are sitting on some of my vintage toy sewing machines.

The packages are finally all done and mailed. Just in the nick of time! We woke up to ice today.

I do want to say thanks to the faithful who sign my blog. I really appreciate it! And if you are doing anything special at your own blog, let me know. Eileen has some cool photos at her blog with some pretty Christmas tree photos. You might want to visit Mrs. Stagg's pretty blog, too.

It is still dark outside. My poor husband has a long commute. I am most grateful to be here in the warmth of this house and sipping coffee and visiting with you. I am listening to a holiday album of Nat King Cole and Dean Martin. Very nostalgic as I was child in the 50's.

I am off to make some holiday art. Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Yes.. I am listening to them too! Actually.. I found a place online called "Pandora". You can program it and it plays all sorts of music in a certain genre.. anything you tell it you like.. and you can tell it what you don't like too.

It is so much fun to see your little sewing machines and your gnomes. Those are treasures!
Hope everyone has a safe drive today.

Susannah said...

Aren't they wonderful...just like pose dolls which I also love. Very unique keepsakes I would say,
Susannah x