Thursday, October 30, 2008







Holiday dolls...Edith Flack Ackley patterns

It started out for me as an online challenge to make a holiday doll for the fall/autumn season. I had already started making EFA pattern holiday dolls and decided to continue and make more. I have given away my previous Christmas dolls but I had recently made a special one for the 4th of July. I need to make a few more holidays and then I will be able to display them for the appropriate holiday. The smallest doll is 4 inches tall and the tallest is 12 inches tall.

I have a theory about making these dolls:

1. You can try to reproduce Edith's original dolls
2. You can make your own original dolls using her philosophy and patterns
3. You can take the patterns and really think outside the box. There are some great examples of this at a Flickr site I started here including a doll that is totally hand beaded.

There are many collectors and a few who share their dolls on line. There are a couple of doll lists for Edith Flack Ackley, too.

I have another doll started but may not get to it right away. I am working on Christmas gifts and art and other things. But, I am ever the doll lover and return to these dolls for fun and relaxation. Occasionally I sell them, but for the most part, I like to keep them.

For now, I need to catch up on some housework and other things that I neglected while I have had this ridiculous cold.

Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Oh I LOVE the Santa! Terrific outfit and hair, and her expression is priceless.